Mr. M.Arulvendhan, B.E Civil Engineer
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Mr. M. ARULVENDAN, B.E., is the Founder Chairman of M.A.V Vidyashram. Mr. M. Arulvendan’s visionary zeal and enthusiasm in promoting and driving excellence in primary and secondary school education has benefited hundreds of students who have passed through the portals of MAV Vidyashram. The founder has not only brought name and fame to his family but also to the society at large. The founder’s nobility and generosity has made this institution a prominent one. The school has been providing high standard of education, excellent teaching and learning facilities. Good infrastructure, qualified teachers, specialized co-curricular activities and efficient administration are the four reasons for the success of M.A.V Vidyashram. Thus, Mr. M. Arulvendan has made this institution as a seat of learning and a centre of sports as well. He is of the opinion that “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all”. He further says that “Education must be seen as a liberating process”. To him, the right ways to educate the students are:
- Students must be educated to make free conversation.
- Students must be educated to talk politely with elders and teachers.
- Students must be educated to solve problems themselves.
- Students must be educated to take right and clear decisions.
- Students must be educated to assist those with special needs and know others’ feelings like their own.
- Students must be educated to make them understand what they are.
- Students must be educated to form the habit of questioning how and why.
- Students must be educated by knowing their feelings.
- Finally, students must be educated to relax by discarding their depressed mood such as sadness, anger, fear, worry, etc.